Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Car Doors and the Assholes That Use Them Against Me

The other day my TV went out. That sucks because I have had it since high school, and I really thought I was something special when I received it for my 17th birthday. Anyway, I had to replace it right away, as we just don't do well without entertainment in the form of moving pictures. I loaded up my 12 year old, all our combined Christmas money, and headed off for Amarillo to pick out a new tube (I realize now that they are not tubes any more). We did not do much besides shop for our new TV A. Because I had not made a deposit the week prior, therefore we had no money to spend via debit, and B. I just hate the crowds of cities, and hate after Christmas bargain hunters even worse. I would not have been there on a bet if my poor precious Zenith had not gone limp the night before. I was prepared to shop for a good price though, and we went to several stores. At the fifth place we looked we found one, and bought it. When I go shopping these days, I never like to leave big ticket items in plain view in the car and go shopping in other stores. In a Tahoe, there is no other option, so when my son wanted to go to one little store before leaving town, I parked as close to the door as possible, ignoring my own rule about parking five hundred miles away and alone to avoid parking lot accidents. When we got out of the car, my son commented on the funny little blue Ford Focus parked on our right. They are funny little cars. We went in and shopped for just a few minutes, and returned to the car. We were in a bit of a hurry to get home so we pulled into a drive through to get something to drink, and off we went. When we got back to town, we stopped by our own little store so I could get a little connector thing for the new TV. When I came out, I saw it. There on the right front fender of my pretty white car was a dent where my paint had been removed and had been replaced with Ford Focus blue! I was sick about this. What the hell? This person was parked far enough from me that my son had no trouble at all getting out of our car without hitting theirs. I guess they must be mighty powerful because they used a hell of a lot of force when they opened their ugly blue midget door into my white baby. The point of the story is that it pisses me off that people are so careless and hateful that they didn't even stop to think about damaging my property when they slung their door open, and because it was a piece of shit, they probably didn't care what it did to their car, if anything. I am going to park next to only new cars or far from others from now on. People in new cars are more careful than others, in general. Be careful when you get out of your cars, and make your kids be cautious too. The parking lots are small, and it isn't fair for people to have to leave a mile between them and the doors in the winter. I hate Ford Focuses! I hate blue too! I hate rude oblivious people, and I really hate the big blue ding in my car, that will cost me a $250 deductible to fix! I am going to memorize the license plates of people I park next to from now on, but I intend to be more careful. I just wish everyone else would too! Happy New Year! Know your limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment